In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate mail management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, preserve data with archives and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your Outlook items. In short, you'll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Outlook® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work style.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Outlook® and want to know how to use its advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook archives and data file settings.
Insert objects in messages, and modify properties and global options.
Organize, search, and manage messages.
Protect your mailbox and manage its size.
Use rules and Quick Steps to automate message management.
Work with advanced calendar settings.
Import and forward contacts.
Assign delegate permissions and share Outlook items with others.
Archive and back up Outlook items using data files.
1 - MODIFYING MESSAGE PROPERTIES AND CUSTOMIZING OUTLOOK
- Topic A: Insert Hyperlinks and Symbols
- Topic B: Modify Message Properties
- Topic C: Add Email Accounts to Outlook
- Topic D: Customize Outlook Options
2 - ORGANIZING, SEARCHING, AND MANAGING MESSAGES
- Topic A: Group and Sort Messages
- Topic B: Filter and Manage Messages
- Topic C: Search Outlook Items
3 - MANAGING YOUR MAILBOX
- Topic A: Manage Junk Email Options
- Topic B: Manage Your Mailbox Size
4 - AUTOMATING MESSAGE MANAGEMENT
- Topic A: Use Automatic Replies
- Topic B: Use Rules to Organize Messages
- Topic C: Create and Use Quick Steps
5 - WORKING WITH CALENDAR SETTINGS
- Topic A: Set Advanced Calendar Options
- Topic B: Create and Manage Additional Calendars
- Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
6 - MANAGING CONTACTS
- Topic A: Import and Export Contacts
- Topic B: Use Electronic Business Cards
- Topic C: Forward Contacts
7 - SHARING OUTLOOK ITEMS
- Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
- Topic B: Share Your Calendar
- Topic C: Share Your Contacts
8 - MANAGING OUTLOOK DATA FILES
- Topic A: Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
- Topic B: Work with Outlook Data Files