Red Hat RHEL8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354)
This course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide a preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to experienced IT professionals, including: Linux system administrators, DevOps engineers, and Cloud administrators.
As a result of attending this course, you will be prepared to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and take advantage of key new features of the operating system.
1 - PREVIEW RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 8
- Describe the major improvements and feature enhancements in the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 release.
2 - INSTALL AND UPGRADE TO RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 8
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or upgrade an existing system from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
3 - PROVISION AND MANAGE SERVERS
- Prepare standardized systems by generating system images for deployment, managing them with remote web-based administration, and automating provisioning with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles for Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
4 - ADAPT TO CORE SYSTEM CHANGES
- Manage core system components that have had significant changes in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
5 - IMPLEMENT STORAGE USING NEW FEATURES
- Explore the major enhancements in local and remote file system and volume management components.
6 - MANAGE CONTAINERS WITH THE NEW RUNTIME
- Explain the new container runtime engine and tools that replace the Docker container engine.
7 - IMPLEMENT ENHANCED NETWORKING FEATURES
- Describe the major enhancements in network packet processing and network device management.
8 - ADAPT TO VIRTUALIZATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Learn to implement the new features and management tools for virtualization management.
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 2:20PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training