This course enriches your skills by providing the tools and techniques that you need to successfully diagnose, and fix, a variety of potential issues. You will work through hands-on problems in various subsystems to diagnose and fix common issues.
You will learn develop the skills to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. You will then apply this approach in troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course, you will be empowered to complete various comprehensive review labs to test your skills.
Who Should Attend
Senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
Have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have similar experience.
It is recommend that students have earned a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or have similar experience.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to leverage the software development life-cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization. Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Installation of Red Hat Satellite 6
Software life-cycle management of software used to provision and maintain configured hosts within a controlled production environment
1 - INTRODUCTION TO TROUBLESHOOTING
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
2 - TAKE PROACTIVE STEPS TO PREVENT SMALL ISSUES
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
3 - TROUBLESHOOT BOOT ISSUES
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
4 - IDENTIFY HARDWARE ISSUES
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
5 - TROUBLESHOOT STORAGE ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
6 - TROUBLESHOOT RPM ISSUES
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
7 - TROUBLESHOOT NETWORK ISSUES
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
8 - TROUBLESHOOT APPLICATION ISSUES
- Debug application issues.
9 - DEAL WITH SECURITY ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
10 - TROUBLESHOOT KERNEL ISSUES
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
11 - RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX DIAGNOSTICS AND TROUBLESHOOTING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.