This course will empower you to install and administer the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform, with hands-on, lab-based materials that show you how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters and deploy sample applications to further understand how developers will use the platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5 and Openshift Container Platform 3.9.
OpenShift is a containerized application platform that allows your enterprise to manage container deployments and scale your applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
Who Should Attend
Audience for this course
This course is designed for system administrators responsible for creating OpenShift Enterprise instances, deploying applications, creating process customizations, managing instances and projects.
Prerequisites for this course
Have taken Red Hat Enterprise Linux Administration I and II (RH124 and RH134), or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux® system administration experience
Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®)
Learn to install, configure, and manage OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat instances
OpenShift Enterprise Administration (DO280) prepares the system administrator to install, configure, and manage OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat® instances. OpenShift Enterprise, Red Hat's platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering, provides pre-defined deployment environments for applications of all types through its use of container technology. This creates an environment that supports DevOps principles such as reduced time to market and continuous delivery.
In this course, students will learn how to install and configure an instance of OpenShift Enterprise, test the instance by deploying a real world application, and manage projects/applications through hands-on labs.
Course content summary
Configuring resources with the command line interface
Building a pod
Enabling services for a pod
Downloading and configuring images
Rolling back and activating deployments
Creating custom S2I images
1 - INTRODUCTION TO RED HAT OPENSHIFT ENTERPRISE
- Review features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
2 - INSTALL OPENSHIFT ENTERPRISE
- Install OpenShift Enterprise and configure a master and node.
3 - EXECUTE COMMANDS
- Execute commands using the command line interface.
4 - BUILD APPLICATIONS
- Create, build, and deploy applications to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
5 - PERSISTENT STORAGE
- Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
6 - BUILD APPLICATIONS WITH SOURCE-TO-IMAGE (S2I)
- Create and build applications with S2I and templates.
7 - MANAGE THE SYSTEM
- Use OpenShift Enterprise components to manage deployed applications.
8 - CUSTOMIZE OPENSHIFT ENTERPRISE
- Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Enterprise.
9 - COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in the course.
10 - NOTE:
- Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.