OL66G IBM i Performance Tuning - II - Advanced Analysis and Capacity Tuning
This course will help you to better understand the techniques of performance analysis and capacity planning on systems and partitions running IBM i and develop an appreciation of how IBM i operates and interfaces with applications. This course is expected to build skills to better manage performance and capacity on systems and partitions running IBM i. The course explains IBM i concepts, including the Technology Independent Machine Interface (TIMI), main storage pools, auxiliary storage pools, management of jobs, threads, and tasks, job run-time structure, performance monitoring, data collection, and analysis of performance data. This 4-day course includes hands-on activities using performance data from IBM i systems to help the student appreciate the concepts discussed. This course is designed for those running Power Systems on IBM i. While it includes i 7.2 content, it is suitable for those currently using prior versions of IBM i.
Who Should Attend
This course is intermediate complexity and is suitable for IBM clients, Business Partners, and technical support and service individuals interested in performance management and capacity planning on Power Systems and logical partitions (LPARs) running IBM i.
1 - Module 1
- Unit 1: Performance management process
- Unit 2: IBM Power Systems
- Unit 3: Components of performance
- Unit 4: Disk performance considerations
- Unit 5: Logical partition performance considerations
2 - Module 2
- Unit 6: Work management review and tuning options
- Unit 7: Real-time monitoring
- Unit 8: Collection Services: Data collection
- Unit 9: Performance Data Investigator overview
- Unit 10: Investigating data: Collection Services
- Unit 11: Performance Tools reports and graphs
3 - Module 3
- Unit 12: Capacity planning
- Unit 13: Collection Services data files
4 - Module 4
- Unit 14: Run-time (run/wait) analysis
- Unit 15: Investigating data: Disk Watcher Unit 16: Investigating data: Job Watcher
This is a 4-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.