Python Programming - Advanced
Students will build upon basic Python skills, learning more advanced topics such as object-oriented programming patterns, development of graphical user interfaces, data management, threading, unit testing, and creating and installing packages.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for existing Python programmers who have at least one year of Python experience and who want to expand their Python proficiencies.
In this course, you will expand your Python proficiencies.
Create object-oriented Python applications.
Design and create a GUI.
Store data in a database from Python applications.
Communicate using client/server network protocols.
Manage multiple processes with threading.
Implement unit testing.
Package an application for distribution.
1 - USING OBJECT-ORIENTED PYTHON
- Create and Use Classes in an Application
- Use Magic Methods
- Incorporate Class Factories
2 - CREATING A GUI
- Design a GUI
- Create and Arrange a GUI Layout
- Interact with User Events
3 - USING DATABASES
- Basics of Data Management
- Use SQLite Databases
- Manipulate SQL Data
4 - NETWORK PROGRAMMING
- Basics of Network Programming
- Create a Client/Server Program
5 - MANAGING MULTIPLE PROCESSES WITH THREADING
- Create a Threaded Application
- Manage Thread Resources
6 - IMPLEMENTING UNIT TESTING
- Test-Driven Development
- Write and Run a Unit Test Case
- Create a Test Suite
7 - PACKAGING AN APPLICATION FOR DISTRIBUTION
- Create a Package Structure
- Generate the Package Distribution Files
- Generate a Windows Executable
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.