This course is an introduction to the Microsoft Office 365 with Skype for Business in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the Microsoft Office desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment.
You will: (a) Sign in, navigate, and identify components of the Office 365 environment; (b) Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, and Microsoft SharePoint; (c) Collaborate and work with colleagues using the Team, Planner, and Yammer apps; (d) Use email and manage contacts with Outlook on the web; (e) Use instant messaging with Skype for Business; (f) Conduct online meetings with Skype for Business.
1 - Getting Started
- Sign In to Office 365
- Navigate the Office 365 Environment
2 - Collaborating with Shared Files
- Work with Shared Documents in SharePoint
- Edit Documents in Office Online
- Collaborate on the SharePoint Site
- Work with OneDrive for Business and Delve
3 - Using Productivity Apps
- Work with Productivity Apps in Combination
- Broadcast Messages with Yammer
- Collaborate with the Teams App
- Manage Tasks with the Planner App
4 - Using Outlook on the Web
- Send and Receive Email
- Manage Contacts
- Schedule Appointments
- Personalize Outlook on the Web
5 - Communicating with Skype for Business
- Overview of Skype for Business
- Use Instant Messaging
- Make Voice and Video Calls
6 - Using Skype for Business Meetings
- Initiate Meetings
- Use Meeting Controls and Options
- Customize Skype for Business