This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2010: Part 1 (Second Edition) course and will help start you down the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that can help deepen your organizational intelligence. The ability to analyze massive amounts of data, extract actionable intelligence from it, and present that information to decision makers is the cornerstone of driving a successful organization that is able to compete at a high level.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel 2010 and who wish to begin taking advantage of some of the higher-level functionality in Excel to analyze and present data.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to leverage the power of data analysis and presentation in order to make informed, intelligent organizational decisions.
• Customize the Excel environment.
• Create advanced formulas.
• Analyze data by using functions and conditional formatting.
• Organize and analyze datasets and tables.
• Visualize data by using basic charts.
• Analyze data by using PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Customizing the Excel Environment
- Configure Excel Options
- Customize the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Enable Excel Add-Ins
2 - Creating Advanced Formulas
- Use Range Names in Formulas
- Use Specialized Functions
- Use Array Formulas
3 - Analyzing Data with Functions and Conditional Formatting
- Analyze Data by Using Text and Logical Functions
- Apply Advanced Conditional Formatting
4 - Organizing and Analyzing Datasets and Tables
- Create and Modify Tables
- Sort Data
- Filter Data
- Use SUBTOTAL and Database Functions
5 - Visualizing Data with Basic Charts
- Create Charts
- Modify and Format Charts
6 - Analyzing Data with PivotTables, Slicers, and PivotCharts
- Create a PivotTable
- Analyze PivotTable Data
- Present Data with PivotCharts
- Filter Data by Using Slicers