MS On Demand 10993 Integrating On-Premises Identity Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
This course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises AD DS environment with Azure AD and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure RMS to protect sensitive documents. Additionally, it focusses on how to enhance authentication with multi-factor authentication and how to monitor directory synchronization health.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is existing IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience with Azure, and advanced experience with the Windows Server operating system. In addition, IT professionals who take this course typically want to develop knowledge of identity services integration between on-premises services and cloud services. This would typically include:
AD DS administrators who are looking to train in cloud identity and access technologies.
System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge, who are looking for more advanced identity training for Azure services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Compare Azure AD to AD DS, perform Azure AD tenant provisioning, and manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
Implement and configure directory synchronization and manage synchronized directories.
Use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, configure single sign-on (SSO) in Azure AD, and protect privileged identities.
Implement multi-factor authentication.
Implement Azure RMS and integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
Configure alerts and monitor directory services infrastructure.
1 - Introducing Azure AD
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing and configuring Azure AD
- Managing Azure AD
- Lab : Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
- Activating Azure and Office 365 trial subscriptions
- Configuring an Azure AD tenant and objects in Azure AD
- Configuring user roles in Azure AD
2 - Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
- Directory synchronization overview
- Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
- Managing synchronized directories
- Lab : Implementing directory synchronization
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing directory synchronization
3 - Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments
- Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
- Configuring SSO with Azure AD
- Implementing Azure AD PIM
- Lab : Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
- Joining a Windows 10 computer to Azure AD
- Implementing SSO with Azure AD
- Configuring and using Azure AD PIM
4 - Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments
- Authenticating users in hybrid environments
- Implementing multi-factor authentication
- Lab : Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
- Implementing user password reset policy
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication Server on premises
5 - Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises services
- RMS overview
- Implementing Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
- Lab : Implementing Azure RMS
- Enabling and configuring Azure RMS
- Integrating Azure RMS with FCI
- Using the RMS sharing application on a client
6 - Monitoring Azure AD
- Azure AD reporting
- Monitoring Azure AD
- Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring
- Configuring Azure AD reports and notifications
- Configuring Azure AD monitoring