New Horizons Training for AWS: Systems Operations
This covers the duties of those who are responsible for implementing, and maintaining a computer systems and networking architecture in the AWS platform.
This course is not authorized by AWS®. AWS® is a registered trademark of Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for system administrators and other IT practitioners who will be implementing, supporting, and maintaining Amazon Web Services in their organizations.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator—Associate Level certification and who want to prepare for the requisite exam.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Reach customers with AWS.
- Implement AWS storage and database services.
- Optimize compute and network services.
- Use AWS management tools.
- Secure an AWS deployment.
1 - CONFIGURING VIRTUAL SERVERS
- Create an EC2 Instance
- Configure an EC2 Instance
2 - CONFIGURING VIRTUAL NETWORKS
- Create an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- Configure VPCs
- Implement Domain Name Services in VPC
- Implement VPC Peering
3 - MANAGING DATA STORAGE
- Manage Elastic Block Store
- Manage Elastic File System Storage
- Manage Simple Storage Service
- Distribute Stored Content with CloudFront
4 - MANAGING DATABASES
- Manage Relational Database Service
- Manage DynamoDB
- Implement Database Caching with ElastiCache
5 - SECURING AWS RESOURCES
- Incorporate Security Policies in AWS
- Secure Data
- Secure Operating Systems and Applications
- Secure Network Infrastructure
- Prepare for Security Assessments
6 - MANAGING IDENTITY AND ACCESS
- Manage AWS Accounts and IAM Users
- Control Access through Security Groups
- Implement Network ACLs
7 - DEPLOYING AWS RESOURCES
- Plan Application Deployments
- Deploy Infrastructure with CloudFormation
- Deploy and Manage Applications with Elastic Beanstalk
- Manage the Stack with OpsWorks
8 - MONITORING AWS RESOURCES
- Monitor Resources with CloudWatch
- Configure Alarms for CPU, Disk, and Network Usage
- Configure Alarms for Memory Usage
- Monitor Additional AWS Resources
9 - MONITORING AND MANAGING BILLING
- Monitor Billing
- Optimize Cost
10 - OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE
- Select Remedies for Performance Issues
- Implement ELB
- Implement Trusted Advisor
This is a 4-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.