10986 Upgrading Your Skills to SQL Server 2016
This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additional this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016 Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016 Describe new and enhanced data access features Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
1 - Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2 - What’s New in SQL Server Performance
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3 - What’s New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4 - What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
5 - What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
6 - What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
7 - New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8 - What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
||11:00AM - 7:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training