SCM250 SAP Production Planning in SAP APO
In this course, students gain an in-depth understanding of the advanced topics required to implement production planning in SAP SCM APO.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are Application Consultants and Business Process Owners/Team Leads/Power Users.
This course is organized in a fashion that mimics the step by step process planners will undergo in executing production planning tasks on a daily basis. We start with setup up alert profiles to manage the day to day exceptions. Participants will walk through a detailed analysis of the net requirements calculation process that is executed during product heuristics. Gain an understanding of how scheduling is performed as new orders are created. This will include analyzing source determination rules as well as scheduling strategies. Participants will analyze the pegging functionality and the master data parameters that can control the outcome of pegging. Additionally, we will perform an analysis of process, service and REM heuristics. Lastly, perform an overview of the detailed scheduling activities involved in developing an execution schedule.
1 - Introduction to Production Planning in SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO)
- Planning Demand in the Supply Chain
- Using Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)
2 - Production Planning Results Evaluation
- Evaluating the Planning Run Results with Alerts
- Evaluating the Planning Results
- Evaluating the Planning Run with Advanced Tools
3 - Planning Procedure
- Configuring Basic Parameters for Planning
- Executing the Production Planning Run
- Planning a Product Using the Planning Procedure
4 - Order Creation with Product Heuristics
- Using Demand Management in PP/DS
- Planning Make-to-Order Production Using PP/DS
- Using Firming in PP/DS
- Configuring Product Heuristics
- Managing the Reuse of Procurement Proposals Using the Lot-Size Calculation In Production
5 - Scheduling in Production Planning
- Determining the Source of Supply of the Order
- Scheduling Operations with the Strategy Profile
- Scheduling a Planned Order for Production
6 - Pegging in Production Planning
- Configuring Dynamic and Fixed Pegging
7 - Additional Heuristics in Production Planning
- Planning Production Using Process Heuristics
- Planning Production Using Service Heuristics
- Configuring Bottom-Up Heuristics
- Planning Production Using Repetitive Manufacturing (REM) Heuristics
- Outlining the Integration of Supply Network Planning (SNP) in PP/DS
8 - Detailed Scheduling
- Scheduling Operations with the Detailed Scheduling Planning Board
- Planning Production with Detailed Scheduling Strategies and Heuristics
- Managing Setup Times with the Setup Matrix
- Managing Scheduling with the PP/DS Optimizer
- Using MRP-Based Detailed Scheduling
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.