Detailed Scheduling and Planning
This course focuses on material and capacity scheduling and planning. It includes a detailed explanation of material requirements planning (MRP), a technique suitable for use in job shops. The course also introduces another material planning technique, material-dominated scheduling, which is applicable to process industries and other mature production environments. The course explains capacity requirements planning in detail and introduces other capacity-planning techniques, including processor-dominated scheduling.
(Class consists of 9 weekly 3 hour sessions)
1 - Planning Material Requirements to Support the Master Schedule
- Recognizing Techniques and Practices of Inventory
- Identifying Information Used in Material Planning
- Identifying the Desirable Characteristics of the Detailed Material Planning Process
- Mechanics of the Detailed Material Planning Process
- Maintaining the Validity of the Material Plan
- Interactions with Other Systems (closing the loop)
2 - Planning Operations to Support the Priority Plan
- Recognizing the Characteristics and Techniques of the Detailed Capacity Planning Process
- Identifying Information used in the Detailed Capacity Planning Process
- Identifying Desirable Characteristics of the Detailed Capacity Planning Process
- Uses of the Detailed Capacity Planning Process
- Measuring the Performance of the Detailed Capacity Planning Process
- Interactions with Other Systems
3 - Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply
- Establishing Relationships with Suppliers
- Techniques and Concepts for Supplier Partnerships
- Implementing the New Relationship
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.