Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000V is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows: Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers, as well as server administrators. The secondary audience for this course is as follows: Network designers, administrators, and managers.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance, and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture.
Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design.
1 - Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
- Reviewing the Virtual Infrastructure
- Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Configuring VMware Switching
- Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch
- Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and Virtual Services Blades
- Installing and Upgrading the Virtual Supervisor and VEMs
2 - Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Configuring Management Features
- Configuring System Management Features
- Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools