6234 Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
This course teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who design and maintain business intelligence solutions for their organization. These individuals work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job and may perform database administration and maintenance as part of their primary job responsibilities. The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server Analysis Services to the organization.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions. Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services. Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution. Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution. Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution. Customize an Analysis Services cube. Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database. Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution. Implement a Data Mining solution.
1 - Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Overview of Data Analysis Solutions
- Overview of SQL Server Analysis Services
- Installing SQL Server Analysis Services
2 - Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- Developing Analysis Services Solutions
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
3 - Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Attributes
4 - Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working With Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
5 - Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
6 - Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Implementing Actions
- Working with Perspectives
- Working with Translations
7 - Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Securing an Analysis Services Database
8 - Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution
- Configuring Processing
- Logging, Monitoring, and Optimizing an Analysis Services Solution
- Backing Up and Restoring an Analysis Services Database
9 - Introduction to Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Creating a Data Mining Solution
- Validating Data Mining Models
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.