Get Certified and Get Reimbursed with the Illinois Incumbent Worker Training Program
Illinois' Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Program is a training reimbursement opportunity through the State of Illinois for employers to partner with New Horizons. The IWT is a state-wide effort to upskill current employees, increase employee skills for potential promotions or salary increases and/or avert potential layoffs. Businesses who submit successful applications can be reimbursed up to 100% per incumbent worker. Companies with training project plans that yield documented industry recognized certifications or credentials will be given preference over other applications.
1. Review the following list of approved certifications to find the one that's right for you.
2. Contact your New Horizons representative, or fill out our form, to get further details on the Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) Program.
3. Your New Horizons representative will assist you in the application process and create your training Project Plan based on your needs.
4. Submit your training Project Plan to Illinois WorkNet.
5. Get trained and certified.
6. Get reimbursed.
Need help submitting your application? Reach out to your New Horizons representative or fill out our form and someone will be happy to assist you during the application process. This program is available through June 30th, 2021. Please contact us for additional details.