Directed by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
The PMP certification improves your marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI Salary Survey — Sixth Edition, “a PMP increases your salary up to 10% more than your non-credentialed colleagues and peers.”
Available Project Management Courses
If you’re an experienced project manager responsible for all aspects of project delivery, leading and directing cross-functional teams, then the PMP is the right choice for you.
To apply for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification you need one of two prerequisites:
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or equivalent
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
- Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
Associated Training Course
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Preparation Course - Sixth Edition In this course, students will learn to apply project management processes acknowledged by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® to successfully plan and execute projects. *Please be aware that starting July 1st, 2020, the PMP exam will reflect new exam content. June 30th, 2020 is the last to take the current version of the PMP exam.
Gain and Maintain Your PMP
- The certification exam has 200 multiple-choice questions, and you have four hours to complete it.
- To maintain your PMP, you must earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every three years.
To ensure your project management training certifications remain in effect, it’s essential that you complete at least 60 professional development units over a three-year cycle. As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P), New Horizons offers both qualifying Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification training and the necessary continuing education courses to satisfy this professional requirement. What’s more, we are proud to offer additional training—such as ITIL, Business Analysis, Lean Six Sigma and IT Management Certifications—to help you manage the challenges of evolving IT projects.
To stay ahead of the curve, you need the right project management training courses from a certified provider.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® - Sixth Edition—If you have on-the-job experience with project management activities, CAPM is the ideal course to certify your expertise with PMI-acknowledged practices.
- Project Management Essentials—Ideal for those in both project manager and team member roles, the project management essentials course both enhances your knowledge of PMP requirements and enables greater team productivity.
- Project Management Fundamentals—Are you tasked with project management on an irregular or informal basis? It’s worth considering a course in project management fundamentals to ensure you’re maximizing team efficiency.
Additional Project Management Courses
- Project Risk Management—Recent data suggests that 90% of all problems can be predicted through risk management techniques. Learn key principles that apply directly to your work environment and help minimize overall risk.
- Agile Project Management—Many projects benefit from the agile methodology: Agile project management training gives you the skills to effectively apply the key tenants of this philosophy to any team effort.
- PRINCE2® Training—PRINCE2 training provides the foundation you need to easily tailor or scale any project to meet business needs; project managers, support staff and consultants all benefit from this course.
- Project Team Leadership—Without an effective leader, projects often miss deadlines and lack direction. Discover ways to choose, motivate and empower your project team with this leadership training.
The right certifications not only ensure compliance with PMI standards but drive more effective and efficient project teams. Start with New Horizons to maximize both project impacts and outcomes.
Register for Project Management training today, or contact New Horizons to determine the best Project Management training for you or your team.