This course introduces some of the advanced features in Microsoft Word 365 that allow users to create consistently formatted documents quickly. Students will learn about some of the new productivity enhancements, how to create and insert reusable formatting features, variable data fields, and macros to streamline their document creation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students who have a firm understanding of formatting documents in Microsoft Word 365, and is not recommended for beginners. Having some experience with macros or other forms of automation in Office applications may be helpful but is not necessary.
The goal of this course is to help students cut down on time and be more consistent in creating documents. You will learn about the new productivity enhancements, how to insert default document elements or create your own, create shortcuts using AutoText and macros, and insert automatically updating data values. After this course, you should feel ready to learn more about macros and other types of automation.
1 - Lessons
- Using Productivity Enhancements: Learn about Microsoft Translator, Accessibility Checker, and Immersive Learning Tools to make your documents versatile for other languages and those with disabilities.
- Using the Building Blocks Organizer: Learn about QuickParts and how to use them in your document.
- Working with AutoText: Learn how to add text to the AutoText Gallery.
- Using Field Codes: Learn about the different field codes and how to insert and update them.
- Creating a Macro: Learn how to create and run a macro to automate repetitive tasks.