This course introduces students to tools that will help them structure and manage long, multi sectioned documents. Students will learn how to create tables, outlines, indexes, and masters to make organizing documents consistent and easy.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who are familiar with the basics of Microsoft Word 2019, specifically in terms of document creation, it may not be suitable for absolute beginners. However, all students can benefit from learning how to keep their documents structured and organized, so this course is recommended to anyone who feels comfortable working with Word 2019.
The goal of this course is to show you how manage and edit long documents. You will learn how to create a Table of Contents, Index, Table of Figures or Tables, how to use the Outline view, and how to create a Master Document with subdocuments. By the end of the course, you will know how to manage your long documents more efficiently using these features.
1 - Lessons
- Creating a Table of Contents: Learn how to create, format, and update a Table of Contents.
- Creating an Index: Learn how to mark index entries and how to generate and update an index.
- Creating Tables of Figures or Tables of Tables: Learn how to insert a figure or table caption and then generate and update a Table of Figures or a Table of Tables.
- Outline View: Learn how to rearrange a document and edit text in the Outline View.
- Creating Master Documents: Learn how to create and manage a Master Document and how to insert subdocuments.