This course gives an overview of Microsoft OneNote for Windows, a free form note taking tool that is included in Windows 10. Students will learn how to create, format, and utilize basic OneNote notebooks and learn about some of the possibilities with the application.
Who Should Attend
This course is for students who are new to OneNote for Windows and would like to learn how to implement the foundational features of the application. Even more experienced Office users can benefit from the organizational tools and skills they will learn in this course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to create, edit, and format a OneNote Notebook. You will be able to add and edit sections, pages, and various forms of content, such as templates, tags, files, images, and drawings. You will also learn about the new productivity enhancements and syncing and sharing a OneNote for Windows notebook. After learning the basics, you will be ready to continue to more advanced courses.
1 - Lessons
- Understanding the Basics: Learn to create, add sections, add and delete pages, and switch between notebooks.
- Adding and Formatting Content: Learn to add content including text, tables, pictures, files and links; as well as format the content and pages you create.
- Working with Containers: Learn to organize your information in your notebook
- Working with Tags: Learn to apply and remove tags.
- Using the New Draw Features: Learn to draw directly into a notebook and convert that drawing to text, shapes, or equations.
- Searching in OneNote: Learn to use the search pane.
- OneNote Productivity Enhancements: Learn to use the new productivity enhancement tools; such as Immersive Reader, Translating Notes, Dictating Notes, and Working with Views.
- Syncing and Sharing Notebooks: Learn to sync your notebook to other devices and share your notes with others.
- Printing OneNote Content: Learn to print pages, sections, or an entire notebook.