InDesign CC Getting Started with Adobe InDesign CC
This course introduces students to Adobe InDesign CC, a powerful desktop publishing application. Students will learn why the application is useful, how to navigate the interface, how to create a variety of documents, and how to access basic tools and settings so they can get started publishing documents.
Who Should Attend
This class is intended for students who are new to InDesign and will include a basic introduction. However, even more experienced users can fill gaps in their knowledge or review key concepts.
This course aims to ease students into what may be a very different application from what they are used to. Students will learn how to create documents, edit them at a basic level, and export them for publishing. By the end of this course, you will be ready to apply these basic concepts and to learn about more advanced features.
1 - Lessons
- Introducing InDesign CC: Learn about InDesign's rich interface, powerful capabilities, and how to edit them to match your needs.
- Building a Basic InDesign Document: Learn how to use and customize document presets and how to add basic text and graphics.
- Zoom Options: Learn a variety of ways to control the zoom level and view of a document.
- Modifying the Layout: Learn how to add and delete pages and set up margins and columns.
- Modifying Text: Learn several methods for selecting text, adding text to a document, and linking text frames to control flow.
- Moving and Sizing Objects: Learn how to move and resize objects.
- Drawing Basic Shapes: Learn how to create rectangles, ellipses, and polygons in a document.
- Working with Color: Learn how apply stroke and fill colors to both objects and text.
- Exporting the Document to Other Formats: Learn how to publish documents both in print and online and where to find the appropriate settings.