Excel 2016 Discovering and Presenting Trends with Charts
This course is an introduction to data visualization with charts. Students will learn about the different types of charts, how to create them, and how to modify and format them to best reflect the data they represent. Students will also learn about some more advanced chart features to visually analyze trends in their data.
Who Should Attend
This course is best suited to students who have some experience navigating in Excel and working with data. However, no experience working with functions or formulas is necessary, so newer users are encouraged to attend as well if they understand the basics of Excel.
This course aims to help students become more effective at presenting data by teaching them how to make user-friendly charts and graphs. You will not only learn how to use a variety of data visualization tools but also gain experience in visualizing data effectively. Many of the tips and tricks from these lessons can be applied to PivotCharts as well.
1 - Lessons
- Types of Charts - Learn about the different types of charts in Excel and their different purposes.
- Creating Charts and Graphs - Learn how to create a preset or custom chart from a range of data.
- Modifying and Formatting Charts - Learn how to change the design of a chart and add chat elements as well as how to change the chart type or the data being visualized.
- Advanced Charting Features - Learn how to perform in-depth analysis by creating dual-axis charts and by visualizing trends in data.
- Displaying Trends with Sparklines - Learn how to visualize trends for individual entries in a dataset to easily compare values.
Class times are listed Eastern time.
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 4:00PM - 5:00PM
|| 2:00PM - 3:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is part of our LearnNow Pass. Click here for more details.