Access 2016 Getting Started with Access
This course is a general introduction to Access. Students will learn about the Access application and the concepts of designing and creating relational databases to hold large amounts of data. The lessons in this course provide a brief introduction to the four objects in an Access database: tables, forms, queries, and reports. This course is ideal for any beginner who wishes to understand the general workings of an Access Database.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to provide a general overview of the Access application to beginners who have no experience with the program. The course can also be helpful for current database users who would like to improve their understanding of the program and how it works.
The goal of this course is to introduce students to Access databases and their components. Students will learn how the components of an Access database work together to allow them to manage large amounts of data and how to build and use those components at a basic level. At the end of the course students will be prepared to learn more of the nuances of each of the objects in more detail.
1 - Lessons
- Overview - Learn about the components of an Access database and how they work together.
- Creating a Desktop Database - Learn how to create a database for use on your desktop from a blank database and from a template.
- Creating Tables - Learn the components of a table and how to build tables to hold the data.
- Working with Tables - Learn how to add records, edit records, and delete records in a table.
- Using Queries - Learn how to build a query to extract data from the tables.
- Creating Forms - Learn how to create a form, navigate a form, and use a form to view and enter data into the database.
- Creating Reports - Learn how to create reports that allow you to organize, format, and print information from the database.
Class times are listed Eastern time.
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 2:00PM - 3:00PM
|| 4:00PM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is part of our LearnNow Pass. Click here for more details.