NCSF-CFM Foundation On-Demand
The NCSF Foundation training course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organizations who implement a NCSF program can mitigate these challenges.
Who Should Attend
Targeted at IT and Cybersecurity professionals looking to become certified on how to operationalize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) across an enterprise and its supply chain.
This course introduces the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF). The Framework is a risk-based approach to managing cybersecurity risk, and is composed of three parts: the Framework Core, the Framework Implementation Tiers, and the Framework Profiles. Each Framework component reinforces the connection between business drivers and cybersecurity activities. This course discusses how an organization can use the Framework as a key part of its systematic process for identifying, assessing, and managing cybersecurity risk.
2 - Today's Digital Economy
- What Cybersecurity is and why it's Important
- Cybersecurity's Impact on the Economy
- Basic Principle of Cybersecurity
- Critical Infrastructure, Vulnerabilities & Consequences
- What is PPD-21: Presidential Policy Directive and why it's Important?
- The Cyber Kill Chain(CKC) & Basic Cybersecurity Principles
- What are Threats, Vulnerabilities & Assets?
- What is the Difference Between a Threat and a Vulnerability?
3 - Understanding Cyber Risks
- Understand and Explain the Terms: Risk, Asset, Vulnerability, Threat
- Determine Actions to Address Risk & Opportunities
- Establish Context
- Establish Criteria for Risk Assessment & Acceptance
- Identify Action
- Analysis & Evaluation
- Treatment (Includes Avoidance, Modification, Sharing & Retention)
- Understand how to Capture, Document & Manage
- Treatment Plans
4 - The NIST Cybersecurity Framework Fundamentals
- Understand the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF)
- Understand & Explain the NIST CSF Objectives
5 - Core Functions, Categories & Subcategories
- Understand & Explain the Core Functions
- Understand & Explain the Framework Categories
- Understand & Explain the Framework Subcategories
- Understand & Explain the Informative References
6 - Implementation Tiers
- Understand in General Terms NIST CSF Implementation Tiers & Their Use
- Understand the four NIST CSF Implementation Tiers
- Understand the Three Risk Categories
7 - Developing Framework Profiles
- Understand in General Terms NIST CSF Profiles & Their Use
- Understand How to Determine Biggest Gaps
- Understand & Demonstrate how to Determine Profiles through a Risk Assessment
8 - Cybersecurity Improvement
- Understand Key Considerations for Beginning a Security Program
- Learn How to Integrate Cybersecurity into an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Understand How to Adopt the NIST Risk Management Framework
- Learn How to Develop Organizational Capability to Continually Improve Cybersecurity Capabilities
- Understand the Expected Framework Adoption
- Understand Differences Between a Rules-Based Approach and a risk Based Approach
- Know the Differences Between Risk Assessment & Compliance Assessment\
- Understand the 7-Step Process Organizations use to Create a New Cybersecurity Program or Improve an Existing Program
9 - NCSF Controls Factory Model
- Understand the NCSF Controls Factory Model (CFM)
- Learn How the CFM Converts Assets from Unmanaged to Managed
- Understand the Purpose, Goals, Objectives & Key Capabilities
- Describe How the NCSF CFM Operationalized
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.