In this course, based on Red Hat CloudForms 4, you will use a hybrid environment, configure Red Hat CloudForms to work with Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, deploy virtual machines (VMs) with templates and customization, produce chargeback reports on VM and resource use and automations, and perform policy-based management. You will also cover CloudForms tenants, interface customization, timeline and event analysis, and service provisioning.
This course will also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) to become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management.
Who Should Attend
Cloud administrators and cloud operators responsible for maintaining hybrid cloud environments
Cloud architects who intend to use CloudForms for management and analysis of their company's cloud environment
DevOps engineers responsible for creating an environment that provides virtual machines (VMs) for developing and testing applications, building service catalogs, and automating workflows
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to audit and manage workloads in a hybrid cloud environment.
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Connect various providers
Provision virtual machines
Perform SmartState analysis of virtual machines
Create control and compliance policies
Create custom reports
1 - Introduce Red Hat CloudForms
- Introduce and describe CloudForms architecture and terminology.
2 - Implement CloudForms
- Deploy and configure the CloudForms appliance.
3 - Connect to CloudForms providers
- Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
4 - Organize CloudForms
- Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
5 - Provision virtual machines
- Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
6 - Manage resource policies
- Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
7 - Generate CloudForms reports
- Display information on VMs and their resource use.
8 - Manage the CloudForms lifecycle
- Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
9 - Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
- Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
10 - Configure CloudForms alerts
- Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
11 - Automate tasks in CloudForms
- Execute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
12 - Manage catalogs
- Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
13 - CloudForms automation with Ansible
- Automate CloudForms deployment with Ansible Tower by Red Hat.