This course will familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
You will develop the critical knowledge and skills you need to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Note : This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an “on-premise” edition or subscribed to a “cloud-based” (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
Create a new project plan.
Add tasks to a project.
Manage task relationships within a project.
Manage project resources.
Finalize a project plan.
1 - GETTING STARTED WITH MICROSOFT PROJECT
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
2 - DEFINING A PROJECT
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
- Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
3 - ADDING PROJECT TASKS
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
4 - MANAGING TASKS
- Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic B: Define Task Relationships
- Topic C: Schedule Tasks
5 - MANAGING PROJECT RESOURCES
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
6 - FINALIZING A PROJECT PLAN
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan