CWS-415 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Assessment, Design and Advanced Configuration
This advanced course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will also learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios, and make design decisions based on business requirements. This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. You will also learn about additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning. This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
Who Should Attend
Built for IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health, or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment.
Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution.
Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations.
1 - METHODOLOGY & ASSESSMENT
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
2 - USER LAYER
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
3 - ACCESS LAYER
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
4 - RESOURCE LAYER - IMAGES
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
5 - RESOURCE LAYER - APPLICATIONS AND PERSONALIZATION
- Application Delivery
6 - CONTROL LAYER
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
7 - HARDWARE/COMPUTE LAYER
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
8 - MAINTAINING AN APP LAYERING ENVIRONMENT
- Multiple Location Considerations - Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations - Access
- Multiple Location Considerations - Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations - Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations - Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations - Control Layer
9 - DISASTER RECOVERY
- Disaster Recovery - Levels
- Disaster Recovery - Strategy
- Disaster Recovery – Process
- *Optional content based on instructor criteria
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.