This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access.
Microsoft® Office Access® 2019 - Part 1 (this course): Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
Microsoft® Office Access® 2019 - Part 2 : Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data, data validation, usability, and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students looking to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2019, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2019 database.
Navigate within the Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
Create and format custom reports.
1 - GETTING STARTED WITH ACCESS 2019
- Topic A: Launch Access and Open a Database
- Topic B: Use Tables to Store Data
- Topic C: Use Queries to Combine, Find, Filter, and Sort Data
- Topic D: Use Forms to View, Add, and Update Data
- Topic E: Use Reports to Present Data
- Topic F: Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
2 - CREATING TABLES
- Topic A: Plan an Access Database
- Topic B: Start a New Access Database
- Topic C: Create a New Table
- Topic D: Establish Table Relationships
3 - CREATING QUERIES
- Topic A: Create Basic Queries
- Topic B: Perform Calculations in a Query
- Topic C: Sort and Filter Data in a Query
4 - CREATING FORMS
- Topic A: Start a New Form
- Topic B: Enhance a Form
5 - CREATING REPORTS
- Topic A: Start a New Report
- Topic B: Enhance Report Layout
6 - PROMOTING QUALITY DATA INPUT
- Topic A: Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Topic B: Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
7 - IMPROVING EFFICIENCY AND DATA INTEGRITY
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Associate Unrelated Tables
- Topic C: Enforce Referential Integrity