Every day, more organizations are asking IT to support mobility in the workforce. Modern environments require the Desktop Administrator be able to manage and support phones, tablets, and computers, whether it be owned by the organization or personally owned by the employee. At the same time, IT must still be able to protect the data that these devices access. In this course, students will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management. This course covers authentication, identities, and access, as well as about how to protect these categories. Student will be introduced to Azure Active Directory and learn how to use Microsoft Intune to protect devices and data with compliance policies. Finally, this course will cover key capabilities of Azure Information Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and how to implement these capabilities.
Who Should Attend
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:Describe the benefits and capabilities of Azure AD.Manage users using Azure AD with Active Directory DS.Implement Windows Hello for Business.Configure conditional access rules based on compliance policies.Describe the various tools used to secure devices and data.Implement Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
1 - MANAGING AUTHENTICATION IN AZURE AD
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing identities in Azure AD
- Protecting identities in Azure AD
- Managing device authentication
- Enabling corporate access
- Lab : Practice Lab - Managing objects and authentication in Azure AD
2 - MANAGING DEVICES AND DEVICE POLICIES
- Microsoft Intune Overview
- Managing devices with Intune
- Implement device compliance policies
- Lab : Practice Lab - Managing devices
3 - MANAGING SECURITY
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Windows Defender ATP
- Managing Windows Defender in Windows 10
- Lab : Practice Lab - Managing Security in Windows 10
4 - COURSE CONCLUSION
- Final Exam
- Lab : Graded Lab