As a Java™ developer or architect, this hands-on, lab-based course will give you a firm understanding of Apache Camel and the enhancements and tools Red Hat offers in support of Camel development.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5, Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform 3.9, Red Hat® Fuse 7.1, and Apache Camel 2.21.
Who Should Attend
Java developers who need to learn how to use Camel, implement enterprise integration patterns (EIPs), and develop integration applications with Camel. Java architects who need to understand how Apache Camel can be used in software architectures requiring integration between applications.
Experience in developing and deploying Java EE 7 applications.
Experience with relational databases, JDBC, and SQL.
Experience with Java development tools such as Maven and Eclipse.
Camel Integration and Development with Red Hat Fuse on OpenShift (JB421) is a hands-on, lab-based course that gives Java™ developers and architects an understanding of Apache Camel and the enhancements and tools Red Hat offers in support of Camel development.
1 - INTRODUCE FUSE AND CAMEL
- Describe how Fuse and Camel are used to integrate applications.
2 - CREATE ROUTES
- Develop simple Camel routes.
3 - TRANSFORM DATA
- Convert messages between data formats using implicit and explicit transformation.
4 - CREATE TESTS FOR ROUTES AND ERROR HANDLING WITH CAMEL
- Develop reliable routes by developing route tests and handling errors.
5 - ROUTE WITH JAVA BEANS
- Create dynamic routes in Camel using Java beans.
6 - IMPLEMENT REST SERVICES
- Enable REST support on Camel with Java REST APIs.
7 - DEPLOY CAMEL ROUTES
- Package and deploy Camel applications for deployment with Red Hat Fuse.
8 - IMPLEMENT TRANSACTIONS
- Provide data integrity in route processing by implementing transactions.
9 - IMPLEMENT PARALLEL PROCESSING
- Improve route processing throughput using Camel parallel processing mechanisms.
10 - CREATE MICROSERVICES WITH RED HAT FUSE
- Create microservices from Camel routes.
11 - DEPLOY MICROSERVICES WITH FUSE ON OPENSHIFT
- Deploy microservices based on Camel routes to an OpenShift cluster using Fuse on OpenShift.
12 - PERFORM COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Demonstrate use of the knowledge gained in this course through coding Camel routes.