Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)
This course supports you in providing unified storage for enterprise servers and Red Hat® OpenStack Platform with Red Hat Ceph Storage. Learn to use a Ceph storage cluster to provide servers and cloud resources with object storage compatible with the Amazon S3 or OpenStack Swift APIs, Ceph-native or iSCSI-based block storage, and file storage using CephFS.
This course is for you if you are a storage administrator or cloud operator who intends to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage to your production data center environment or OpenStack installation.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience
Some experience with storage administration is recommended, but not required
Upon completion, students will be able to:
Explain the architecture of a Ceph cluster
Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible
Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
Provide servers with storage from the Ceph cluster using block, object, and file-based access methods
Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform
1 - PREPARE FOR RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Identify challenges faced by traditional storage and explain how Ceph addresses them.
2 - DEPLOY RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Deploy and expand the storage capacity of a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
3 - CONFIGURE RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Manage how Ceph stores data with pools, configure Red Hat Ceph Storage using its configuration file, and configure users for Ceph clients that may access the Ceph storage cluster.
4 - PROVIDE BLOCK STORAGE WITH RBD
- Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
5 - PROVIDE OBJECT STORAGE WITH RADOSGW
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS gateway (RADOSGW or RGW).
6 - PROVIDE FILE STORAGE WITH CEPHFS
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph Filesystem (CephFS).
7 - CONFIGURE THE CRUSH MAP
- Adjust the CRUSH map—which controls how data is stored, replicated, and distributed across OSDs in the Ceph cluster—in order to optimize resiliency and performance.
8 - MANAGE AND UPDATE THE CLUSTER MAPS
- Explain how the monitor and OSD maps are managed in order to maintain cluster operation, quorum, and consistency.
9 - MANAGE A RED HAT CEPH STORAGE CLUSTER
- Check Ceph cluster status, troubleshoot Ceph daemon problems, and upgrade Ceph software.
10 - TUNE AND TROUBLESHOOT RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Identify the key performance metrics for a Ceph cluster and use them to help tune and troubleshoot the operating system and Ceph software for optimal performance.
11 - INTEGRATE RED HAT CEPH STORAGE WITH OPENSTACK
- Configure an OpenStack cloud to use Ceph to provide image, block, object, and file storage.
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training