This Tech Focus outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organizations can mitigate these challenges.
Who Should Attend
IT and Cybersecurity professionals
Please refer to our Course Overview section
2 - Today's Digital Economy
- What is Cybersecurity and why it's Important
- Cybersecurity's Impact on the Economy
- Basic Principle of Cybersecurity
- Critical Infrastructure, Vulnerabilities & Consequences
- What is PPD-21: Presidential Policy Directive and why it's Important?
- The Cyber Kill Chain(CKC) & Basic Cybersecurity Principles
- What are Threats, Vulnerabilities & Assets?
- What is the Difference between a Threat and a Vulnerability?
3 - Understanding Cyber Risks
- Understand and Explain the Terms: Risk, Asset, Vulnerability, Threat
- Determine Actions to Address Risk & Opportunities
- Establish Context
- Establish Criteria for Risk Assessment & Acceptance
- Identify Action
- Analysis & Evaluation
- Treatment (Includes Avoidance, Modification, Sharing & Retention)
- Understand how to Capture, Document & Manage
- Treatment Plans
4 - The NIST Cybersecurity Framework Fundamentals
- Understand the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF)
- Understand & Explain the NIST CSF Objectives