Red Hat Identity Management and Active Directory Integration (RH362)
This course will empower you with the skills to configure and manage IdM, the comprehensive Identity Management solution bundled with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux.
You will master these skills on the most requested Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) capabilities, including Active Directory trusts, multi-product federation, configuration management with Ansible, integrated certificate management, single sign-on, one-time passwords, and cybersecurity policy conformance.
Who Should Attend
Identity management specialist or engineer
Access management specialist or engineer
Web application developer
Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (required)
Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) (recommended, but not required).
Create and manage a scalable, resilient Identity Management realm, including both Linux and Microsoft Windows clients and servers.
Create and manage secure access configurations, including managing and troubleshooting Kerberos, certificate servers, and access control policies.
Integrate IdM as the back end for other major enterprise tools in the Red Hat portfolio, including Satellite Server and Tower.
1 - INSTALL RED HAT IDENTITY MANAGEMENT
- Describe and install Red Hat Identity Management (IdM).
2 - INTRODUCTION TO TROUBLESHOOTING
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
3 - CENTRALIZE IDENTITY MANAGEMENT
- Explain the IdM server services, explore IdM clients access methods, and install an IdM client.
4 - TAKE PROACTIVE STEPS TO PREVENT SMALL ISSUES
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
5 - AUTHENTICATE IDENTITIES WITH KERBEROS
- Define the Kerberos protocol and configure services for Kerberos authentication.
6 - TROUBLESHOOT BOOT ISSUES
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
7 - IDENTIFY HARDWARE ISSUES
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
8 - INTEGRATE IDM WITH ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- Create a trust relationship with Active Directory.
9 - CONTROL USER ACCESS
- Configure users for authorized access to services and resources.
10 - TROUBLESHOOT STORAGE ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
11 - MANAGE A PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE
- Manage certificate authorities, certificates, and storing secrets.
12 - TROUBLESHOOT RPM ISSUES
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
13 - MAINTAIN IDM OPERATIONS
- Troubleshoot and recover Identity Management.
14 - TROUBLESHOOT NETWORK ISSUES
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
15 - INTEGRATE RED HAT PRODUCTS WITH IDM
- Configure major services to share the IdM authentication database.
16 - TROUBLESHOOT APPLICATION ISSUES
- Debug application issues.
17 - DEAL WITH SECURITY ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
18 - INSTALL SCALABLE IDM
- Construct a resilient and scalable Identity Management topology.
19 - TROUBLESHOOT KERNEL ISSUES
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
20 - RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX DIAGNOSTICS AND TROUBLESHOOTING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.
This is a 4-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training