In this course, students will continue their learning on the foundations of report writing with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS. The focus will be on report creation by connecting to a database and manipulating the data for presentation including: creating parameter reports, creating list reports, adding complex expressions to reports, adding images and subreports to reports, adding drilldown and drillthrough functionality, and adding sparklines, data bars, and indicators to reports. Report Designer is available for all supported versions of Microsoft® SQL Server®.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application, and persons who are existing Report Builder and SSRS report authors.
The secondary audience for this course are persons who are using Report Builder (SSRS).
Course participants may be business analysts, programmer analysts, data analysts, database administrators, or IT professionals and may or may not have experience with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS, programming (Visual Basic), and/or Transact-Structured Query Language (T-SQL) experience.
- Create parameter reports.
- Create list reports.
- Format reports with complex expressions.
- Add images and subreports.
- Add drilldown and drillthrough functionality.
- Add sparklines, data bars, and indicators.
1 - PARAMETER REPORTS
- Parameterized Reporting
- Create Report Parameters
- Modify Report Parameters
- Provide Default Parameter Values
- Provide Available Values for Parameters
- Lab 1: Creating Parameterized Reports
2 - LIST DATA REGIONS
- Introducing the List Data Region
- Create Reports Using List Data Regions
- Modify Reports Which Use List Data Regions
- Lab 1: Creating List Reports
3 - ENHANCING REPORTS WITH COMPLEX EXPRESSIONS
- Formatting Reports
- Top N Reports
- Running Values
- Lab 1: Enhancing Reports with Complex Expressions
4 - ENHANCE REPORTS WITH IMAGES AND SUBREPORTS
- Add Images to Reports
- Retrieve Images from a Database
- Introducing SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) Report Server
- Add Subreports to Reports
- Lab 1: Working With Images and Subreports
5 - DRILLDOWN AND DRILLTHROUGH REPORTS
- Add and Configure Drilldown Reporting
- Add and Configure Drillthrough Reporting
- Lab 1: Add Drilldown and Drillthrough Functionality to Reports
6 - SPARKLINES, DATA BARS, AND INDICATORS
- Data Bars
- Lab 1: Adding Sparklines, Data Bars, and Indicators to Reports