Cisco® Implementing Cisco® Cybersecurity Operations v1.0 (SECOPS)
Learn how a Security Operations Center (SOC) functions and gain the introductory-level skills and knowledge required for success.
Who Should Attend
Security Operations Center Security Analyst
Computer Network Defense Analyst
Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support personnel
Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel
Students beginning a career and entering the cybersecurity field
IT personnel looking to learn more about the area of cybersecurity operations
Cisco Channel Partners
The goal of the course is to teach the fundamental skills required to begin a career working as an associate-level cybersecurity analyst in a security operations center.
1 - SOC OVERVIEW
- Defining the Security Operations Center
- Understanding NSM Tools and Data
- Understanding Incident Analysis in a Threat-Centric SOC
- Identifying Resources for Hunting Cyber Threats
2 - SECURITY INCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS
- Understanding Event Correlation and Normalization
- Identifying Common Attack Vectors
- Identifying Malicious Activity
- Identifying Patterns of Suspicious Behavior
- Conducting Security Incident Investigations
3 - SOC OPERATIONS
- Describing the SOC Playbook
- Understanding the SOC Metrics
- Understanding the SOC WMS and Automation
- Describing the Incident Response Plan
- Appendix A—Describing the Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Appendix B—Understanding the use of VERIS
4 - LABS
- Explore Network Security Monitoring Tools
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.