Skip to Scheduled Dates
Who Should Attend
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2017 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and Fetch API.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
- Use WebPack to package web applications for production.
1 - Overview of HTML and CSS
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2017
2 - Creating and Styling HTML Pages
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Introduction to the Document Object Model
4 - Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Creating HTML5 Forms
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
5 - Communicating with a Remote Server
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using the XMLHttpRequest Object
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using the Fetch API
6 - Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Styling Text by Using CSS3
- Styling Block Elements
- Pseudo-Classes and Pseudo-Elements
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
8 - Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
9 - Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
10 - Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
11 - Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using SVG
- Drawing Graphics by Using the Canvas API
12 - Animating the User Interface
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Keyframe Animations
13 - Implementing Real-time Communication by Using Web Sockets
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Using the WebSocket API
14 - Performing Background Processing by Using Web Workers
- Understanding Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using Web Workers
- Understanding Transpilers And Module bundling
- Creating Separate Packages for Cross Browser Support