20463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server®
This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing. Primary responsibilities include:
Implementing a data warehouse.
Developing SSIS packages for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
Enforcing data integrity by using Master Data Services.
Cleansing data by using Data Quality Services.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
Design and implement a data warehouse.
Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
1 - Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Overview of Data Warehousing
- Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution
2 - Data Warehouse Hardware Considerations
- Considerations for building a Data Warehouse
- Data Warehouse Reference Architectures and Appliances
3 - Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Logical Design for a Data Warehouse
- Physical design for a data warehouse
4 - Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
- Introduction to ETL with SSIS
- Exploring Data Sources
- Implementing Data Flow
5 - Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Introduction to Control Flow
- Creating Dynamic Packages
- Using Containers
- Managing Consistency
6 - Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Debugging an SSIS Package
- Logging SSIS Package Events
- Handling Errors in an SSIS Package
7 - Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Planning Data Extraction
- Extracting Modified Data
8 - Loading Data into a Data Warehouse
- Planning Data Loads
- Using SSIS for Incremental Loads
- Using Transact-SQL Loading Techniques
9 - Enforcing Data Quality
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
10 - Master Data Services
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Managing Master Data
- Creating a Master Data Hub
11 - Extending SQL Server Integration Services
- Using Scripts in SSIS
- Using Custom Components in SSIS
12 - Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Overview of SSIS Deployment
- Deploying SSIS Projects
- Planning SSIS Package Execution
13 - Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Enterprise Business Intelligence
- Self-Service BI and Big Data
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training