The NCSF Foundation training course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organizations who implement a NCSF program can mitigate these challenges.
Who Should Attend
Targeted at IT and Cybersecurity professionals looking to become certified on how to operationalize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) across an enterprise and its supply chain.
This course introduces the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF). The Framework is a risk-based approach to managing cybersecurity risk, and is composed of three parts: the Framework Core, the Framework Implementation Tiers, and the Framework Profiles. Each Framework component reinforces the connection between business drivers and cybersecurity activities. This course discusses how an organization can use the Framework as a key part of its systematic process for identifying, assessing, and managing cybersecurity risk.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Digital Transformation
- Explain what it means to “become digital.”
- Discuss the difference between industrial and digital era enterprises.
- Explain how cybersecurity supports an organization’s digital transformation.
2 - Understanding Cyber Risks
- Explain the cyber risk equation.
- Identify and explain each component of the cyber risk equation.
- Describe the basics of a risk assessment.
3 - The NIST Cybersecurity Framework Fundamentals
- Explain the genesis of the NIST-CSF.
- List and describe the components of the NIST-CSF.
- Describe each of the NIST-CSF’s objectives.
4 - Core Functions, Categories & Subcategories
- Understand & Explain the Core Functions
- Understand & Explain the Framework Categories
- Understand & Explain the Framework Subcategories
- Understand & Explain the Informative References
5 - Implementation Tiers & Profiles
- Understand and explain Implementation Tier terms and their use.
- Understand and explain each Implementation Tier.
- Understand and describe the three risk categories
- Understand and explain Profiles and their use Current and Target
- Understand and describe the use of Profiles when Determining gaps and Identify & prioritize focus areas
6 - Cybersecurity Improvement
- Understand and explain how an organization can approach the adoption and adaptation of the NIST-CSF
- Understand and describe how to implement cybersecurity controls using an incremental improvement approach.
- Understand and describe CIIS as a practice within an organization