Constructive Conflict Management
People approach situations with their own set of experiences, priorities, and viewpoints. Conflict is inevitable. The ability to govern disputes and even avoid them altogether is vital. In this course, you will learn to recognize the warning signs that precede quarrels and how to mitigate their impact, as well as constructive ways to harness the differences between team members and shift them toward productive, positive outcomes. Download the Course Outline and Information on Post-Class Content.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who manage teams and desire to understand what leads to conflict, help peacefully navigate team members through potentially antagonistic situations, encourage and empower others to disagree respectfully and productively, and effectively manage disputes between team members.
Identify and manage sources of conflict. Define an effective strategy to deal with conflict. Implement a process to manage conflict situations. Build civility in the workplace.
1 - Understanding Conflict
- Identifying the Causes of Conflict
- Harnessing the Benefits of Conflict
- Resolving Conflict
- Understanding the Key People in Conflict Resolution
2 - Civility in the Workplace
- Recognizing Uncivil Behavior
- Reaping the Benefits of Civil Behavior
- Working with Difficult People
- Identifying and Avoiding Incivility
- Creating, Implementing, and Enforcing a Civility Policy
3 - Conflict Resolution Process
- Making an Effective Atmosphere
- Developing Mutual Understanding
- Focusing on individual and Shared Needs
- Getting to the Root Cause
- Generating Options
- Building a Solution
4 - Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Differentiating Resolution Strategy Versus Process
- Recognizing the Advantages and Disadvantages to Collaborating, Competing, Compromising, and Avoiding
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training