55204 Writing Reports with Report Designer and SSRS 2014 Level 1
The focus will be on report writing by connecting to a database and manipulating the data for presentation including: creating table and matrix reports, formatting reports, grouping report data, creating simple and complex expressions.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course are persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Designer and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application, and persons who are existing Report Designer and SSRS report authors.
Explore the Report Designer environment.
Create table reports.
Create basic and complex expressions.
Group report data.
Create matrix reports.
Sort and filter report data.
Summarize data with charts.
Print and export reports.
1 - EXPLORING THE REPORT DESIGNER ENVIRONMENT
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- The Report Designer Environment
- Working with Existing Reports
- Lab 1: Exploring the Report Designer Application
2 - ADDING DATA TO TABLE REPORTS
- Create Report Data Sources
- Create Report Datasets
- Create Table Reports
- Lab 1: Creating Table Reports
3 - FORMATTING DATA AND CREATING EXPRESSIONS IN REPORTS
- Formatting Reports
- Sorting and Filtering Report Data
- Adding Data to a Dataset
- Creating Simple and Complex Expressions
- Lab 1: Formatting Reports
4 - GROUPING REPORT DATA
- Group Data in Reports
- Group Data using an Expression
- Creating a Grouping Hierachy and using Group Aggregates
- Lab 1: Creating Reports with Groups and Aggregates
5 - MATRIX REPORTS
- Create and Modify Matrix Data Regions
- Create and Modify Column Groups
- Lab 1: Creating Matrix Reports
6 - CHARTS
- Create and Modify Charts in Reports
- Modify Charts in Reports
- Lab 1: Creating Charts and Chart Reports
7 - PRINTING AND EXPORTING REPORTS
- Print Features and Print Options
- Export Reports
- Lab 1: Printing and Exporting Reports
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training