20334 Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Skype for Business solution. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging (IM), conferencing, enterprise voice, archiving, and monitoring. Students will also learn how to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in the infrastructure.
This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business but does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Teams or Skype for Business Online as well as how to migrate from previous versions of Skype for Business Server. This course helps the students prepare for Exam 70-334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is information technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions is beneficial but not required for students taking this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft 365.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are planning to take the exam 70- 334: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015 as a stand-alone exam or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Communications certification exam.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the architecture of Skype for Business and design a Skype for Business topology.
Install and implement Skype for Business Server.
Administer and manage Skype for Business Server by using the various available tools.
Design and implement clients and users in Skype for Business.
Implement conferencing in Skype for Business Server.
Design and implement additional conferencing options.
Design and implement monitoring and archiving in Skype for Business.
Design and implement connectivity for external users and organizations.
Implement Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server.
Plan and implement high availability in Skype for Business.
Design and implement disaster recovery scenarios for Skype for Business.
Design and deploy Skype for Business hybrid.
Plan and implement a migration to Skype for Business Server 2019 or Microsoft Teams.
1 - Design and architecture of Skype for Business Server
- Overview of Skype for Business components and features
- Introduction to the Skype for Business administrative tools
2 - Installing and Implementing Skype for Business Server
- Server and Service Dependencies
- Planning SIP Domains
- Installing Skype for Business Server
- Integrating Skype for Business Server with Exchange Server and SharePoint Server
3 - Administering Skype for Business Server
- Skype for Business Server Control Panel
- Skype for Business Server Management Shell
- Implementing Role-Based Access Control
- Using Test Cmdlets
- Tools for Troubleshooting Skype for Business
4 - Configuring Users and Clients in Skype for Business
- Configuring Users
- Deploying the Skype for Business Client
- The Registration, Sign-In, and Authentication Processes
- Configuring Skype for Business Client Policies
- Managing the Skype for Business Address Book
5 - Configuring and Implementing Conferencing in Skype for Business
- Introduction to Conferencing in Skype for Business
- Integrating Skype for Business Server and Office Online Server
- Bandwidth Planning
- Configuring Conferencing Settings
6 - Implementing Additional Conferencing Options in Skype for Business Server
- Overview of the Conferencing Life Cycle
- Designing and Configuring Audio/Video and Web Conferencing Policies
- Deploying Dial-in Conferencing
- Configuring Miccrosoft Teams Rooms
- Configuring Large Meetings and Skype Meeting Broadcasts
7 - Designing and Implementing Monitoring and Archiving in Skype for Business
- Components of the Monitoring Service
- Implementing Archiving
- Designing an Archiving Policy
- Implementing an Archiving Policy
8 - Deploying Skype for Business External Access
- External Access Overview
- Configuring External Access Policies and Security
- Configuring External Access Network and Certificates
- Configuring Reverse Proxy
- Designing Mobility in Skype for Business Server
- Designing Federation in Skype for Business Server
9 - Implementing Enterprise Voice in Skype for Business Server
- Connecting to the PSTN
- Configuring Enterprise Voice
- Configuring Voice Routing
- Assigning Phone Numbers
- Configuring Voicemail
- Voice Applications
10 - Implementing High Availability in Skype for Business
- Planning for Front End Pool High Availability
- Planning for Back End Server High Availability
- High Availability for Other Component Servers
11 - Implementing Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business
- Disaster Recovery Options in Skype for Business Server
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business Server
- Additional Disaster Recovery Options in Skype for Business Server
12 - Implementing a Skype for Business Server and Office 365 Hybrid Deployment
- Overview of Office 365
- Preparing for a Hybrid Deployment
- Configuring a Hybrid Skype for Business Environment
13 - Planning and Implementing a Migration to Skype for Business Server or Microsoft Teams
- Overview of Upgrade and Migration Paths
- Migrating to Skype for Business Server 2019
- Migrating to Microsoft Teams
- In-Place Upgrade to Skype for Business Server 2015
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.