10979 Introduction to Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals
Get instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure in this two day Microsoft Official Course. You will be presented with Basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend course 20532A Microsoft Azure for Developers, or course 20533A Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Describe the various Azure services, and access these services from the Azure portal. Create and configure virtual machines in Azure. Describe the Azure Websites service and Azure Cloud Services. Create and implement Azure networks. Create and configure cloud storage in Azure. Use databases to store data in Azure. Use Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), integrate applications with Azure AD, and manage authentication. Manage an Azure subscription by using Azure PowerShell, Microsoft Visual Studio, and the Azure command-line interface.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- What Is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
- Lab: Use the Microsoft Azure Portal
2 - Microsoft Azure Management Tools
- What is Azure PowerShell?
- Azure SDK and Azure CLI
- Lab: Using Microsoft Azure management tools
3 - Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
- Creating and configuring Azure VMs
- Configuring Azure VM storage
- Lab: Creating a VM in Azure
4 - Azure Web Apps
- Creating and configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying and monitoring Azure web apps
- Lab: Creating and managing Azure web apps
5 - Implementing Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
- Lab: Creating and configuring virtual networks
6 - Introduction Azure Storage and Data Services
- Understanding Azure Storage options
- Creating and managing storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
- Lab: Configuring Azure Storage
- Lab: Creating a SQL Database in Azure
7 - Introduction to Containers and Serverless Computing in Azure
- Implementing Windows and Linux containers in Azure
- Introduction to Azure serverless computing
- Lab: Implementing containers on Azure VMs
8 - Configuring and Managing Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication and authorization
- Lab: Create and manage Azure Active Directory
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.