Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236)
As a senior system and storage administrator who is interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in cloud environments, this course is for you.
You will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. Then, you will explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, you will be given a firm grasp of Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
This course is based on Red Hat Gluster Storage 3. It can help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration exam (EX236).
Who Should Attend
Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO RED HAT STORAGE
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology
2 - EXPLORE THE CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
- Gain familiarity with the classroom environment
3 - INSTALLATION
- Install Red Hat Storage server
4 - BASIC CONFIGURATION
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume
5 - VOLUME TYPES
- Understand different volume types
6 - CLIENTS
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types
7 - ACLS AND QUOTAS
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists
8 - EXTENDING VOLUMES
- Grow storage volumes online
9 - IP FAILOVER
- Configure IP failover using CTDB
10 - GEO-REPLICATION
- Configure geo-replication
11 - UNIFIED FILE AND OBJECT STORAGE
- Configure Swift object access
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 2:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training