Cisco® Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco® Security Professionals v1.0 (8021X)
Students will gain the foundational knowledge of IEEE 802.1X protocol; the skills that are needed to configure the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for 802.1X operation; hands-on experience configuring a network for 802.1X-based network services.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Cisco Partner Sales Engineers and Field engineers supporting customers with 802.1x solutions. The primary audience for this course is Cisco Channel Partner SEs and FEs that are seeking to meet the education requirements to attain ATP authorization to sell Cisco ISE. The secondary audience for this course is security architects, design engineers, and others seeking hands-on experience with Cisco TrustSec 802.1X deployments with Cisco ISE
Upon completing this course, students will be able to meet these objectives: Describe identity-based networking concepts and components Define the components and processes of port-based authentication Identify the 802.1X components and their interrelation at a high level Identify requirements and options for non-supplicant devices Position individual components of an 802.1X network and identify compatibilities
1 - Cisco TrustSec
- Surveying Cisco TrustSec Surveying Cisco TrustSec Architecture Components
2 - Port-Based Authentication
- Surveying the IEEE 802.1X Standard Surveying 802.1X and EAP Surveying 802.1X and EAP
3 - Configure Devices for 802.1X Operation
- Identifying 802.1X Components and Topologies Identifying 802.1X Components and Topologies Configuring Network Devices for 802.1X Configuring Supplicants for 802.1X Operation
4 - Configure Guest Access
- Configuring Cisco TrustSec for Non-Supplicant Devices Configuring Cisco WebAuth for Non-Supplicant Devices
5 - Design Cisco TrustSec Networks with Cisco ISE and 802.1X
- Identifying Component Compatibilities with 802.1X Reviewing 802.1X Design Considerations that Impact Implementation Reviewing Scalable 802.1X Architectures
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.