The Multi-Elective Programs are for individuals who have advanced beyond foundational level certifications in the IT or Project Management field. These individuals require advanced programming to achieve the knowledge base necessary to achieve these certifications.
Information Technology Specialist Program Details
Students will select between 2 and 6 technical courses in their area of interest and which correspond to the learning requirements necessary for the designated certification. New Horizons will provide corresponding exam preparation materials and one free exam voucher for the area of study.
After successfully completing one of our programs, you may qualify for the following career opportunities.
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Software Application Engineer
- IT Project Manager
- Network Designer
- Web Designer
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, areas of employment aligned with this program are projected to grow 8 - 27 percent through to 2024.
Common Job Responsibilities
- Investigate technology problems, identify their source, and determine possible solutions.
- Review IT project proposals, including identification of needs, potential problem areas, and suggested approach.
- Participate in development, implementation, installation, and testing of applications software.
- Provide system-level support for computer software, servers, and other computer equipment.
- Investigate, recommend, and install new applications.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future releases.