This program is designed as an entry level program into the field of Information Technology by providing the students with CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications. This program will give students and skills in PC Hardware and Software and basic networking concepts to allow them to become Help Desk Analysts, Computer Technicians, or IT Administrators.
CompTIA IT Support/Operations Specialist Program Details
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1001 Certification Exam and the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1002 Certification Exam.
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007), or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
After successfully completing one of our programs, you may qualify for the following career opportunities.
- IT Support
- Help Desk
- Network Administration
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, areas of employment aligned with this program are projected to grow 11 percent through to 2026.
Common Job Responsibilities
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.