The Administrative Assistant Program is comprised of a series of Microsoft Office and Business Skills classes specifically chosen to prepare our students for that job role. Administrative Assistants perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
Administrative Assistant Program Details
Master the capabilities and features of the most widely used productivity suite in the world: Microsoft Office. Learn the fundamentals and advanced features of each application. This course will also introduce you to the fundamentals of Windows 10 to best utilize Microsoft’s latest and greatest operating system.
This course includes select content from the following publicly scheduled courses.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Select 2 Courses from the 6 Courses Below:
- Accounting Essentials
- Business Etiquette
- Business Writing
- Email Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills
After successfully completing one of our programs, you may qualify for the following career opportunities.
- Administrative Assistant
- Operations Technician
- Office Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Computer Specialist
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Administrative Assistants is projected to grow 8 percent through to 2024.
Common Job Responsibilities
- Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers,or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greet visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars