MS On Demand 10992 Integrating On-Premises Core Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure
This covers a range of components, including Azure Compute, Azure Storage, and network services that customers can benefit from when deploying hybrid solutions.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals and development operations (DevOps) professionals who are well versed in on-premises technologies and who have some knowledge of cloud technologies but want to learn more about integrating their on-premises environments with Azure. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields—typically, in the areas of on-premises system administration or network administration, in addition to DevOps support. These IT professionals have broadly applicable administration and operational skills, and they generally work for both enterprise-level organizations and small and medium business environments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
•Describe the core concepts of Azure.
•Explain the primary methods for integrating an on-premises environment with Azure Virtual Machines and Azure Cloud Services.
•Describe Azure hybrid networking technologies.
•Describe the Azure services that provide data storage, management, and analytics capabilities in hybrid scenarios.
•Explain the use of Azure disaster recovery and business continuity solutions for on-premises environments.
•Explain how to design and implement cross-premises applications.
•Describe Azure monitoring and management solutions that offer hybrid capabilities.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT AZURE
- Overview of cloud computing and Azure
- Overview of the Azure deployment models
- Lab : Use Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, and Microsoft Visual Studio to deploy and manage Azure resources
2 - INTEGRATING WITH AZURE COMPUTE SERVICES
- Overview of Azure virtual machines and Azure cloud services
- Migrating workloads to Azure virtual machines by using virtual machine images and disks
- Extending HPC workloads to Azure
- Integrating compute workloads by using containers and Azure Service Fabric
- Lab : Uploading an on-premises virtual disk file to Azure
- Lab : Moving containers between on-premises Hyper V virtual machines and Azure virtual machines
3 - INTEGRATING WITH MICROSOFT AZURE VIRTUAL NETWORKS
- Overview of Azure Virtual Network Service
- Extending on-premises networks to Azure
- Lab : Implementing a point-to-site VPN by using Azure Resource Manager
4 - INTEGRATING WITH AZURE STORAGE AND DATA SERVICES
- Overview of Azure Storage and data services
- Implementing Azure Backup for on-premises workloads
- Lab : Implementing the Azure Recovery Services agent-based backups
5 - DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING AZURE SITE RECOVERY SOLUTIONS
- Overview of Site Recovery
- Planning for Site Recovery
- Implementing Site Recovery with Azure as the disaster recovery site
- Lab : Implementing protection of on-premises Hyper-V virtual machines in Azure by using Site Recovery
6 - DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING CROSS-PREMISES APPLICATIONS
- Overview of cross-premises application capabilities and their design considerations
- Implementing cross-premises solutions for desktop, web, and mobile apps
- Lab : Implementing Traffic Manager
7 - INTEGRATING OPERATIONS AND APPLICATION MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
- Overview of the cross-premises monitoring and management capabilities of Microsoft Azure
- Implementing cross-premises Azure monitoring and management solutions
- Lab : Implementing Azure Automation