Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) has aligned all education programs with the SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCKTM), aiming to provide HR professionals the development tools and resources to master the behavioral and technical competencies, as well as specific HR knowledge, needed to succeed in their roles.
From legal compliance, to assuming the role of an HR business partner, to recruitment and retention strategies, SHRM provides expert instructors and tailored training programs, unique to your organization's needs.
Designed to develop your HR team's foundational and strategic competencies, SHRM's Training & Development programs from New Horizons can be delivered virtually or in-person to your team, at your convenience.
SHRM Certification Preparation Training
Earn the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) and prove your knowledge, competency, and value to colleagues and to employers looking for a competitive edge in today’s global economy.
SHRM’s global HR credentials, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP, offer growth, advancement and recognition. These credentials are based on extensive global research involving employers, academics, and practicing HR professionals at all levels to ensure they maintain an industry-leading level of excellence and relevance in our ever-evolving profession.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation
When you complete this course, you’ll be prepared to take the SHRM-CP℠ or SHRM-SCP℠ exam with confidence, identify areas of strength and build on them. This course helps students develop a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity.
View the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation Course Outline
Applicants must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time they submit their application to be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam. See requirements outlined below:
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- HR-related experience relates to work in any of the 15 functional areas of HR knowledge which comprise the
technical competency HR Expertise, identified in the SHRM BoCK.
- Applicants are not required to hold an HR title. The critical factor in determining eligibility is your HR-related
work as opposed to your job title.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they devoted at least 1,000 hours to HR-related activities in any
calendar year to qualify as having a year of HR-related experience. More than 1,000 hours in a calendar year
does not equate to more than 1 year of experience.
- Part-time work qualifies if the 1,000-hour standard is met within a calendar year.
- Individuals who have mixed roles—for example, office managers who have both administrative and HR
responsibilities—may also have qualifying experience if HR-related duties total at least 1,000 hours in a
calendar year. Supervising employees in and of itself is not considered qualifying HR-related experience.
- Experience may be either exempt or nonexempt.
- SHRM membership is not required.
Human Resources Training for Entry-Level HR Professionals
Gain the critical knowledge necessary to help reduce costs, avoid potential lawsuits, and improve your ability to handle challenging HR issues.
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
This two-day course is ideal if you are just starting out in the HR profession, perform HR duties as a part of a non-HR job, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills. Recently updated content reflects changes in legislation and provides an overview of HR roles and responsibilities.
- Build a solid foundation in human resource management
- Discuss key pieces of federal legislation that impact HR
- Understand the role of the EEOC and its investigatory process
- Improve your employee recruitment and selection process to help avoid legal pitfalls
- Understand the importance of effectively communicating base pay, incentive compensation, and benefits information to staff at all levels
- Gain knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, and training and development
- Learn the process, methods and purpose of performance appraisals
View the SHRM Essentials of HR Management Course Outline