Directed by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP demonstrates that you have the experience, education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects.
The PMP certification improves your marketability to employers and higher salary; according to the PMI Salary Survey — Sixth Edition,
“a PMP increases your salary up to 10% more than your non-credentialed colleagues and peers.”
Note: The PMP® Exam Has Changed in 2016
After January 11, 2016, only the new version of the PMP exam will be administered. The five domains of practice for the PMP remain the same. However, tasks within each domain have been modified, added, or removed.
Learn more about what’s changed.
To apply for the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification you need one of two prerequisites:
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, including 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- A four-year degree (bachelor's or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
To ensure your project management training certifications remain in effect, it’s essential that you complete at least 60 professional development units over a three-year cycle. As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P), New Horizons offers both qualifying PMP certification training and the necessary continuing education courses to satisfy this professional requirement. What’s more, we are proud to offer additional training—such as ITIL, Business Analysis, Lean Six Sigma and IT Management Certifications—to help you manage the challenges of evolving IT projects.
To stay ahead of the curve, you need the right project management training courses from a certified provider. We offer a range of PMP online training and classroom courses, including:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)—If you have on-the-job experience with project management activities, CAPM is the ideal course to certify your expertise with PMI-acknowledged practices.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)—Looking to get started on the road to project management certification? PMP training from New Horizons is the first step in formalizing your current skillset.
- Project Management Essentials—Ideal for those in both project manager and team member roles, the project management essentials course both enhances your knowledge of PMP requirements and enables greater team productivity.
- Project Management Fundamentals—Are you tasked with project management on an irregular or informal basis? It’s worth considering a course in project management fundamentals to ensure you’re maximizing team efficiency.
- Project Risk Management—Recent data suggests that 90% of all problems can be predicted through risk management techniques. Learn key principles that apply directly to your work environment and help minimize overall risk.
- Agile Project Management—Many projects benefit from the agile methodology: Agile project management training gives you the skills to effectively apply the key tenants of this philosophy to any team effort.
- Scrum Project Management—A subset of agile methodology, Scrum focuses on lightweight overhead and speedy process framework. Our Scrum training is ideal for anyone working on or interacting with a Scrum team.
- PRINCE2® Training—PRINCE2 training provides the foundation you need to easily tailor or scale any project to meet business needs; project managers, support staff and consultants all benefit from this course.
- Project Team Leadership—Without an effective leader, projects often miss deadlines and lack direction. Discover ways to choose, motivate and empower your project team with this leadership training.
The right certifications not only ensure compliance with PMI standards but drive more effective and efficient project teams. Start with New Horizons to maximize both project impacts and outcomes.
Register for PMP training today or contact us at 1-800-683-NHLS (6457) to determine the best PMP training for you or your team.